December 10, 2012

Forgive!!


If ever in life I have been faced with a trial where I had to apply true forgiveness it is now!!  All though this trial has been to date the most challenging, painful, trial I have ever walked through. In a million years I would have never thought this trial would come knocking on my door.     God does not give us trials we can't handle in fact trials are a test of our faith.  My faith has remained strong but not on my own, only through god.  I have felt so strongly his loving hand in my life.  He has carried me and held me as I wept.  I love my father above.  I have also gotten to know the atonement in a whole new light.  Applying the atonement in a very different way than I ever thought possible and never imagined I could for that I thank my savior for his loving Scarface.


Forgiveness for me has been a process.  I have had  and still really have hard days and also many days of peace.  But as I apply the principles I have learned and forgive one day at a time a great joy has blessed my life.   I don't want to share all the details of my trial but I do want to share what has helped me get through this trial in hopes that I can help someone else on there journey through life.


The number one thing that has helped me is prayer!!  I have not prayed god would take the pain away but I prayed that he would show me how to deal with it. I had long talks with my father I also wrote to him through a journal that only my eyes will see.  He has answered so many prayers after I would write to him.  Answers came at different times and not always the way I thought but I knew it to be through the spirit.

The 2nd thing that helped me is having my scriptures close by and reading them often.  Through this I have found strength and answers.  They are a true blessing and boy I have used them.

3rd ~ There is not a day that goes by that I don't listen to some kind of uplifting music.  Hillary weeks has been such an assistant in my healing and her music has enriched my soul.  I LOVE this lady and have had the opportunity to tell her in person that I feel that god put her on this earth to get me through trials.
This song especially lately has fully touched me now that I look back at the last year.



4th~ Having Hope!! It always amazes me that even in the hardest of trials I still feel hope.  It's such  blessing and as long as I have hope I don't have to know the out come of everything.  I don't have to control my life I can let god lead.  Hope is a wonderful gift.  Hope touches my soul.
I love this video on hope.  Listen closely to the words than after take some time to ponder on your feelings.  I have watched this many times and each time I get something else out of it that I did not before.  


5th~ Quotes, quotes and more quotes.  Positive and uplifting and on the subject of forgiveness.
I want to share some that helped me the most!! 
~True forgiveness is not an action after the fact, it is an attitude with which you enter each moment.
David Ridge

 ~"Forgiveness means that problems of the past no longer dictate our destinies, and we can focus on the future with God's love in our hearts." --Elder David E Sorensen
~“To forgive is the highest, most beautiful form of love. In return, you will receive untold peace and happiness.” Robert Muller
~"Whether others repent should not affect whether we forgive them."
~  “Forgiveness is the only way to dissolve a binding link and get free.” Catherine Ponder