October 20, 2008

A Sunshine Day!

Read and Click Below
The Brady Bunch was my favorite show growing up. I remember knowing the time it was on and if home from dance lesson's in time I would always run to the T.V and turn it on and watch the show. I wanted to be just like Marsha Brady. I remember after watching or when a friend was over we would go in our dance room my father built that had mirrors on every wall and practice being Marsha especially if it was one of their music numbers. For hours I could just put my thumb to my mouth and practice until I had it right. Those were the days. I loved that dance room it meant the world to me when my dad added that on to our home.
Well, click below to see my absolute favorite song they did and yes I had it down. Still know the words and I even sung it to my kids last week and had them all laughing.
Enjoy, Jill
Wait before you click I just have to share something. In the 14 +years we have been married we have only had dial up. 2 weeks ago we finally got DSL. Has anyone else gone as long as we have without DSL? I am still amazed about what you can do with DSL. I am glad we waited so long because now I have to discipline the time I spend on the Internet but It has been so fun!!!
We will never get the dish or cable if I have anything to do with it. We as a family would not do well with that for sure.
Had to share!!!
Now you can Click below:
http://www.youtube.comwatch?v=NaCCG7QKM_c

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you really not had DSL? No way I don't no a soul without. YOU are a first girl. I am in shock that you did not have DSL or DISH with a Broken leg and all that down time. That is simply insane. I would have given one of the two or both as a gift for crying out loud.
Love you friend, Lynne

John and Danielle said...

Of course its ok to add me to your blog! I am so glad you found me! I am not the best at blogging, but I enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

Jill, I actually admire people that live without DSL as long as you and Ron have. I bet you are so grateful and excited. Not as us and those who have had it for a very long time and take it for granted. You are an good example to me. No dish either. Now, that is awesome. I wish I could get rid of it. My boy's and husband would say, Judy are you nuts?
Keep in touch. I love the sunshine day song it is one of my favorites also.

Sims Family said...

I am with you on the cable thing, but I HAVE had DSL. It's amazing.

I remember in 5th grade admitting to my class that Brady Bunch was my favorite show and they all laughed at me!!!! I'm glad I wasn't the only one. :)

Anonymous said...

You are a good woman to wait so long to get DSL. Ron should be thankful you are low maintenance.
I am sure at time's you did not even want to check your e-mail because dial up is so dang slow. Now how did you run 2 blog pages. That's what I want to know. You have more patient's than anyone I know.
I DIG THE BRADY BUNCH!!!

Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

No DSL until 2 weeks ago. You are the only person on the planet that I know that did not have DSL. How did you do with out all of those years Jill?
Amazing!

Tamster said...

That's hilarious about the Brady Bunch. I always loved that show as a kid, too.

We've gotten so spoiled by DSL that we sometimes forget how slow dial-up was and think our DSL is slow. I don't think I would have a blog without DSL. As for the TV, we don't have any reception at all--just watch movies. We live too far away to get anything with our antenna, and we can't afford cable or satellite, which is probably just as well. So that will most likely stay that way for a long time. Good for you, though. :-)

Thanks, Jill! That's so sweet of you to think of me. For the most part I am doing fine. Just every now and then there will be some little thing that makes me miss him, but it is generally the man I knew who was healthy and well who I miss, not the more recent dad. For his sake, I'm glad he has passed on so that he is no longer miserable. I just miss the little things. Of course, the holidays might be more difficult. I especially think about my mom right now. Their anniversary is coming up in 2 weeks. That will be a tough day for her. Anyway, thanks. :-)

Anonymous said...

Mason looks like he has a great kick.
Bryson is just funny and adorable and looks like he is having a blast out their. VERY CUTE!

Hope you had fun in Utah